1. You must not give your authentication key to another party, nor use another authentication key that is not assigned to you.
2. Untappd may revoke your API key at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and without liability to you or any other person
3. Untappd reserves the right to limit the number and/or frequency of API requests. If we feel that you are purposely attempting to circumvent any rate limitations, your API access will be revoked with or without notice
4. You must not express or imply any affiliation or relationship with or endorsement by Untappd
5. You will not sell, rent, or trade any data acquired from the Untappd API
6. You are in no way allowed to create an application that aides in the gaming of the Untappd badge or promotion system. If we feel that your application is being used specifically or not specifically for cheating in any way, your API access can be revoked, with or without notice
7. You may not use Untappd data for any sort of mass marketing, bulk emailing or any other type of advertising
8. The name of your application can not contain the term “Untappd” or the phrase “Drink Socially,” nor can you in any way claim to be official, affiliated with, or endorsed by Untappd
9. Your application must give attribution to Untappd (ex: “Power by Untappd,” “Data provided by Untappd”).
Powered By Untappd Logos are available here.
10. Your application must not use names, logos and/or graphics in a way that may mislead or confuse users (ex: do not copy the look and feel of Untappd’s services)
11. All graphics on Untappd, both mobile and web, are the sole property of Untappd LLC while all beer/brewery related names and logos are the property of their rightful owners.
12. Your app icon, website icon or logo may not use any elements of any Untappd logos, images or assets.
13. If you application stores data from Untappd, you must delete your caches every 24 hours.
14. You cannot use the Untappd data to build your own "beer database".
15. You cannot use the Untappd API to mine, analyze or provide analytics to third parties or your self. The data from the API is meant to be displayed with attribution, not to generate reports on availability, insights in consumer behavior, etc.
16. Only the APIs that are provided on our documentation are allowed to be used. Any use of other API methods that are specific to the app or not documented there are strictly aganist our Terms of Service, unless allowed by the Untappd team. By attempting to use a private API that is not documented, your API keys and personal accounts associate with the access token will be suspended. This is strickly monitored, so please do not use them.
Any violation of these Terms will result in the revoke of API access. Repeat offenders will be blocked permanently from the API.
If you have any issues with these any of the rules, please send email at [email protected]
Last Updated: 10/16/18